Hello! My name is Helen George. I am an editor and writing coach. I specialise in support for nature and ecology writers.
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
I provide structural and stylistic editing services. I help you to clearly communicate your thoughts and observations.
I work in two distinct fields. Readers of this blog know me as an editor of public communication material. I work with ecologists who want to educate the public about the environment.
On my other blog I advertise my services as an editor of travel and nature literature.
In both fields I help writers to share their ideas with clarity, coherence and logic.
My editing services
- Plain English editing
- Editing for English grammar and spelling
- Editing at sentence and paragraph level to improve clarity and logical flow
- Coaching critique letters to help you to continue your development as a writer
My formal training
- Copyediting certificate from UC San Diego Extension
- Courses in developmental editing with UCLA Extension and fiction editing with SfEP
- Masters degree in print journalism
- PhD in London retail history, awarded in 2005
- Qualified teacher of English as a foreign language
If you need help with editing for a green cause, email me at email@example.com.
I am based in England and able to work to British and American English.
You can also find me at the Earth Law Center, where I provide pro bono editing services to rights of nature supporters.